Please prepare for possible outages due to high winds and rain expected to start today, Thursday, 12/22/22 into Friday, 12/23/22.
The Department of Public Works is prepared to respond to any emergency. In the event of a true emergency dial 911. Some helpful storm tips from Orange & Rockland Utilities:
Make Sure Your O&R Contact Information Is Up to Date:
Let us know how to reach you in an emergency. You can update your phone number, email, and mailing address online.
Update Your Information
Get Text Updates:
Sign up to let us know when the power goes out and get status updates on your cell phone. Text REG to OUTAGE (688243) to get started.
Or, call us toll-free at 1-877-434-4100, weekdays, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Telecommunications Relay Service is available for the hearing impaired by calling 711.
Home Prep Checklist
- Don’t get caught in the dark. Have a lights-out kit that’s well stocked and handy. Be sure to include flashlights, fresh batteries, and a battery-operated radio or TV so that you can tune to local stations for updates.
- Take charge. Make sure your cell phone and other electronic devices are fully charged. You may also want to pick up a portable charger to give batteries a boost when the power’s out.
- Keep it cool. Turn your freezer and refrigerator to the coldest setting. It will help keep food cool longer if the power goes out.
- Watch your water. Stock up on bottled water, and fill up your bathtub and spare containers.
- Plug protection. Be sure to protect major appliances, computers, and other electronically sensitive equipment by either unplugging them or using a surge protector.
- Fill ‘er up. Fill your car’s gas tank ahead of time.