- Aimee Pollak
Affiliated Political Party:
Office for which you are running:
- Town Justice for Clarkstown
- Court Attorney for the Hon. Keith Cornell, Surrogate & Family Ct.
- Defense Attorney for the Legal Aid Society of Rockland Co.
- Civil Prosecutor, NY State Attorney General’s Office
- Judicial Clerk, Hon. Wilfred Feinberg, 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
- Certified Mediator
I will preside over all cases patiently and impartially. I will show neither preference nor prejudice to any one or any group. I will ensure that the laws of our town are applied equally and fairly to all.
I will give each case as much time as it needs to reach a fair resolution, and I will never leave the bench to handle cases in my private practice (because I have never had one). I will strive to have every litigant leave my courtroom feeling like their point of view was heard and considered, even if they did not win.
Main focus of your term, if elected
If elected, I will focus on ensuring that every litigant feels that they have had a fair hearing, whether they are pro se or represented by counsel. I will work to increase opportunities for litigants to appear virtually and file electronically so that as many people as possible can have access to the Court. Finally, I will use my mediation training to help all parties reach satisfying, negotiated solutions.