EXCLUDED WORKER FUND APPLICATION ASSISTANCE CLINIC
EVENT SCHEDULED FOR:
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 4PM – 8PM
SALVATION ARMY, 179 NORTH MAIN STREET, SPRING VALLEY
(ROCKLAND) – September 20, 2021 – The Excluded Workers Fund (EWF) is a financial resource for those who lost valuable income during the COVID-19 pandemic. It aids individuals, including undocumented residents, who were unable to obtain aid through other federal relief programs like unemployment and pandemic benefits. The fund, which is being backed by $2.1 billion of state money, will go to support approximately 300,000 workers who were hit the hardest during COVID. Many professions were hit particularly hard during the pandemic such as food service workers, construction workers, domestic and care workers.
There is an event scheduled to help anyone who feels they would benefit from this program on Wednesday, September 22 from 4pm – 8pm at the Salvation Army at 179 North Main Street in Spring Valley. To schedule an appointment for that day, 1-800-724-7020, ext. 2007.
According to the Department of Labor, to be eligible for the benefits that the EWF provides, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Have lived in NYS before March 27, 2020, and continue to live in New York State
- Ineligible for, and did not receive, unemployment insurance or any other COVID-19 income relief or other specified benefits from the state or federal government due to citizenship status or other related factors
- Earned less than $26,208 in the 12 months prior to April 2021
- Lost at least 50% of weekly work-related earnings or household due to the COVID-19 pandemic or, became responsible for majority of their household income due to death or disability of the head of the household
- Be able to provide proof of residency and work eligibility.
Catholic Charities Community Services of Rockland recognizes the impact of COVID-19 and the hardships it has caused local families. They will be serving as facilitators to assist people in navigating to apply for EWF. Assistance is being provided in English, Spanish, and Creole.
For more information on the Excluded Workers Fund, visit https://dol.ny.gov/ewf or contact Catholic Charities by calling 845-942-5791 extension 1011.
Catholic Charities Community Services of Rockland provides services to people of all ages, from every race and ethnic group. The organization’s focus is to provide life’s necessities, including food, shelter and other emergency assistance to those in need. Staff speak English, Spanish, French and Creole, and assist people of all ages, races and religions in Rockland County. More information can be found at www.ccsrockland.org or by calling (845) 942-5791.