Economic Development Opportunity Highlights:
Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) Deadline to Apply is 4pm on July 30th!
- Round XI of the CFA is open with over $750 million in funding available through more than 30 state programs.
- All of the 2021 guidelines and resources documents can be found on the MHREDC website at https://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/mid-hudson.
- CFA Deadline for many programs: 4:00 PM SHARP on July 30, 2021
- Attend an upcoming Virtual CFA Information Session! Information sessions are hosted by ESD team members ready to answer questions about the CFA process. Register for an upcoming event below:
GOVERNOR CUOMO ANNOUNCES APPLICATIONS FOR NEW YORK STATE PUBLIC HEALTH CORPS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM NOW OPEN
- Up to 1,000 Fellows to Be Trained by Cornell University and Deployed for Public Health Operations
- Corps Enhances Workforce Capacity that Lasts Beyond COVID-19 Pandemic, as Outlined in the 2021 State of the State
- Rolling Applications Can Be Submitted Here
2021 Mid-Hudson Regional MWBE Online Opportunities Expo is This Week!
- The expo will feature an online experience with panel discussions, information on regional projects, workshops on special topics and other business development resources.
- It will also include information about State-sponsored financial and technical assistance programs, including the New York Forward Loan Fund, the Bridge to Success Loan Program, and the New York State Surety Bond Assistance Program.
- Join the Mid-Hudson MWBE expo on Thursday, July 22, 2021.
- Register to attend HERE.
- Learn more about this year’s MWBE Online Expos HERE.
The NYSCA FY2022 Application portal is now open and accepting submissions
Before you start your application, we encourage you to review the following resources:
- Read the NYSCA FY2022 Technical Application Submission Instructions
- View our step-by-step webinar on registering and applying in the NYSCA FY2022 Application Portal
- Visit our FAQ for Applicants
- Review our FY2022 Guidelines and the NYSCA Application Manual
- Visit and Register in the NYSCA FY2022 Application Portal
U.S Small Business Administration – How to Contracting Series
Do you have Growth and Expansion on your mind for your Small Business?
- Wednesday – 7/21/21 – 10 am – Capabilities Statement and Defining Target Market
- How to write your capabilities statement and how to define your government target market – or “Marketing to the Government”
- In this webinar, businesses will understand how the government buys, and how they can communicate their value to particular government agencies. The workshop will also review how to be a pro-active bidder and learn about government contracting opportunities before they become public. Finally, the workshop will review how to create a capability statement, an essential marketing document when you network with the government.
- Registration Link: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=4miyfhdab&oeidk=a07ehor23owfe5ebf32
- Thursday – 7/22/21 – 10 am – RFP
- How to respond to an RFP
- This webinar will help businesses understand how to write winning proposals for government contracts. By the end of the webinar, businesses will be able to identify contract opportunities realistic for them, understand how the government describes what it needs, prepare responsive and effective proposals, and improve their chances at winning government contracts.
- Registration Link: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=4miyfhdab&oeidk=a07ehor3bhiec43d5fa
- New York’s Largest Biotech Company to Grow in the Mid-Hudson Region, Bringing an Additional 1,000 Jobs over Five Years
- State’s Solar Growth Up Over 2,100 Percent and Cost of Solar Down 69% Since Launch of NY-Sun Initiative
- Completed Solar Across the State Plus Projects Awarded and Under Development Represent 95% of Governor Cuomo’s Goal to Deploy Six Gigawatts of Solar by 2025
Economic Development Resources:
- Business Pandemic Recovery Initiative
- Round 11 of the Regional Economic Development Council (REDC) Initiative / CFA
- New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) FY2022 funding will be offered in 4 rounds. Learn more HERE.
- Hudson River Valley Greenway Grant Program – deadlines are Sep 10, and Nov 8, 2021
- Environmental Justice Community Impact Grants – Search for “community impact” – deadline is 3 p.m. EST on July 1, 2021
- Community Development Block Grant Applications for Economic Development, Small Business & Microenterprise accepted throughout 2021 with rolling awards. Learn more HERE.
- Federal Economic Development Assistance, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CARES)
- $60 Million has been made available through the NYS Office of Community Renewal (OCR) to assist units of local government to respond, prepare for and prevent Coronavirus.
- Applications are being accepted from units of local government on a rolling basis through August 27, 2021.
- New York Power Authority’s (NYPA) ReCharge NY Program
- Utility Economic Development Programs
- Federal Grants
Technical Assistance for Businesses:
- Get Help Navigating State and Federal Small Business Assistance Programs
- Empire State Development’s Division of Small Business
- New York State Small Business Development Center
- Women’s Enterprise Development Center
- New York State Certified Business Incubators and Innovation Hot Spots: New York State has designated 10 Innovation Hot Spots—one for each of New York’s economic development regions—and 20 Certified Business Incubators, which receive funding to reach a greater number of early-stage companies. Support may vary by location but generally includes: physical space; shared administrative staff; access to capital; coaching; mentoring; networking connections; prototype development; and access to other technical services. Innovation Hot Spots also coordinate regional entrepreneurial ecosystems, and can offer tax benefits to client businesses. In the Mid-Hudson we have:
- BioInc @New York Medical College: The region’s only biotechnology incubator offers shared resources, turnkey wet lab space and sponsored professional services to promising, high-potential entrepreneurs and start-ups. BioInc@NYMC helps members achieve development and funding milestones.
- Hudson Valley Center for Innovation | Accel7: Accel7 is the oldest, continuously operating business and tech accelerator serving the Hudson Valley between Westchester and Albany, focusing on building and launching Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) solutions with early-stage entrepreneurs.
- Business Mentor NY (BMNY): Business Mentor NY is the State’s first large scale, hands-on small business mentoring program that helps NYS entrepreneurs and established small businesses overcome challenges to grow their business. Business Mentor NY is a free resource that allows entrepreneurs and volunteer mentors to easily connect so they can solve problems and build businesses together.
- SBA’s Ascent: Free learning platform for women entrepreneurs
- Business Express: Your Guide to Doing Business in New York State
- Empire State Digital: Connects New York-based small businesses with the education, access and resources needed to digitize, expand and adapt to the new economy due to the changes from COVID-19.
- ESD Global New York: Export Assistance for NYS Businesses
- Global NY programs connect companies with sales agents and distributors abroad and offset the costs of exporting with grants and loans.
- Global NY is committed to helping businesses sell their products and services in growing markets including Canada, China, Europe, India, Israel, Mexico, Europe, South Africa and South America.
- For Manufacturers
- New York State Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NY MEP) Assists Small And Mid-Sized Manufacturers In Becoming More Competitive
- Fuzehub: Resources for NYS Manufacturers
- NYS Office of General Services: Guidance on Doing Business with New York State
Workforce Development Resources:
- New York Entertainment Workforce Diversity Grant Program
- New York State Jobs Express: Employers with job openings can post their open positions, and individuals looking for employment can search for opportunities on the NYS Department of Labor’s Jobs Express website.
- For Job Seekers:
- NYS Department of Labor’s Jobs Express website
- SUNY Online Training Center –free skill-building, college prep, and employment certification programs with one-on-one career coaching
- Free Online Platform for New Yorkers to Learn New Job Skills, Earn Certificates & Advance Their Careers: Create a free account with Coursera Here
Resources from Employers:
- NY State of Health: Shop here to see what health insurance options are available to you, your family, and your business
- Child Care:Parents in need of free child care resources and referrals are encouraged to visit www.HVChildCare.org, where they can enter their zip code to immediately find the name and contact information of the agency that serves their location.
- NYS DOL Shared Work Program: New York State’s DOL Shared Work Program helps businesses manage business cycles and seasonal adjustments. Shared Work lets businesses keep trained staff and avoid layoffs. Employees can receive partial unemployment insurance benefits while working reduced hours. Full-time, part-time and seasonal employees are eligible.
Data and Reports: