Vaccinates 280 Seniors from Senior COVID-19 Waitlist
New City, NY, – Refuah Health Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, a member of the Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth), and the Rockland County Office for the Aging partnered to vaccinate 280 seniors from the Office the Aging’s Senior COVID-19 Vaccine Waitlist:
- 80 seniors were vaccinated on Friday, February 26 at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern.
- 200 seniors will be vaccinated on Monday, March 1 at the Rockland County Fire Training Center.
“I want to give a special acknowledgment to Refuah as I know they have reached out to many community groups across Rockland and gotten folks vaccinated,” said County Executive Ed Day. “They did tremendous work during our measles outbreak where county-wide over 30,000 MMR shots were given. They are true community partners who know how to get shots into arms.”
Refuah Health Center reached out to and vaccinated eligible individuals at these locations:
- Suffern Community Center (in cooperation with the Suffern Mayor’s Office)
- Centro De Amigos
- Rockland Fire Training Center (in cooperation with the Office of Aging)
- Yeshiva Spring Valley Schools
- Horizons of Wurtsburo (Sullivan County)
- Esther Gitlow Towers Senior Housing Center
- Hyenga Lake Senior Housing in Spring Valley
- Konbit Neg Lakay
- Yeshiva of Greater Monsey
- Dunkin Donuts of Suffern
“Together we are making progress. As of Sunday, February 28th, 14.3% of Rockland residents have received their first dose of vaccine. For those still searching, please be patient. We want to get you vaccinated, and we will, as soon as we have the vaccine needed to do so,” concluded County Executive Day.
Rockland residents age 65+ can still sign up to the Senior COVID-19 Vaccine Waitlist by calling the Rockland County Office for the Aging at 845-364-2110, Monday through Friday (except holidays), 8:00 am through 5:00 pm. In addition, residents can sign up online http://rcklnd.us/c19-waitlist.