Please consider becoming involved in your local government!
Candidates for Water Commissioner:
- Must be familiar with Cash Flow Statements, Revenue and Expense reports and other financial statements.
- Have the ability to make financial decisions that reflect good judgment for the Village residents and the operational needs of the Water Department.
- Be available for meetings other than those regularly scheduled.
- Understand Village and Water Department policies and procedures.
- Meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at 4:30pm.
- Village of Nyack residency required.
If interested in serving an unexpired term (through 12/31/23), please forward a letter of intent and a resume to Barbara Kunar, Village of Nyack Water Department, 9 N Broadway, Nyack, NY 10960 or email to email@example.com. Candidates will be interviewed by the Board of Water Commissioners at their meeting on October 14, 2021. Any questions, please call (845) 358-0641.
Candidates for Planning Board:
Members attend monthly meetings, during which they hear presentations, discuss pending applications, hear public comments, and vote on whether to approve or reject requests, and/or impose any appropriate conditions for approval.
Meeting preparation involves reviewing relevant materials provided by the Village’s Building Department, including the applicant’s submittal materials and any necessary background offered by the Village Planner. Members are required to make site visits to gain full understanding of each property in question; occasionally, they may need to perform additional outside or code research for certain applications. Preparation for each meeting typically takes about two to four hours.
Because the Planning Board renders binding decisions, a quorum must be present for each meeting. Therefore, regular meeting attendance is very important. Experience in the legal, engineering, architecture and/or the environmental industries all are helpful, but not requirements for serving on the Planning Board.
Submit your interest to Mayor Hammond at firstname.lastname@example.org