- Do rinse your containers to eliminate food debris and liquid.
- Do put only acceptable items into your recycling containers. Cans, plastic, and glass go in one bin, and mixed paper and cardboard in another bin.
- Do take out your bins for collection the night before.
- Do place your recycling containers in designated areas for collection.
- Do leave labels and caps on if it is easier.
- Do place shredded paper in paper bags only.
- Do break down cardboard boxes into 3’x3′ pieces, tie them together, and place in a neat stack.
- Do use the free Village of Nyack issued recycling containers. Call if you need bins 845-358-3552
- Don’t put wire hangers in recycle bins.
- Don’t recycle soiled recyclables in your bins.
- Don’t recycle styrofoam in your bins.