Last night, September 1, 2021, the Village of Nyack suffered flooding damages from the heavy rainfall. Current estimates are that over 6 inches of rain fell overnight. Our Department of Public Works responded to close roads and parking lots due to flooding. Please follow any detours. If you need to reach our DPW call 845-358-3552 or 845-358-0548 ext. 283, all calls will be returned.
As of this morning, there are no reported power outages in the Village of Nyack. However, today’s forecast calls for scattered showers and gusty wind, so outages are still possible. The ground is saturated and trees are at risk to come down.
Stay clear of any downed wires or trees!!
Helpful Information from O&R
- Check that the power isn’t out because one of your breakers or fuses tripped. If everything seems OK, contact us.
- Have the following information ready when you call:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and O&R account number, if you have one
- The exact location of any hazardous conditions, such as downed wires, broken or leaning utility poles, or trees leaning against poles or wires (please keep your distance from any hazardous conditions)
- The names and addresses of those you know who use electricity-operated life-sustaining equipment You can see an estimate of when power will be restored by viewing our Outage Map. If you signed up for our Texting Option you will receive a text saying power is restored.