In addition to aiming RocklandNews toward a clean design with easy navigation, we have deployed the following features thus far:
- Submit News Item: For Press Releases, and Community Events
- Community Events: For local events in each community of Rockland
- Subscriptions: To provide any Rockland-based resident with access to submit a community event
- Categorization: Town by Town, Village by Village, Hamlet by Hamlet, with an emphasis on hyper-local
- Topics: For individual subjects matters. Useful when people search for very specific County-wide subjects
Other important items we have completed:
- A new section for NYS and region-related news
- Deployment of our RocklandNews Facebook Page, updated regularly each weekday
- Setup of standards, for evaluation, prioritization, editing and removal of news items and/or community event submissions
Plans for phase 2 – scheduled for Q3 2021 (BETA in 6/2021):
- Email newsletters: Briefs, and only for subscribers that choose to be emailed
- Connection with more news sources, such as all community Libraries and civic organizations of Rockland County
- Enhancement of design, as well as refinement of the search and filter tools
- Business Directory, categorized by sector. Example here.
- Creation and placement of additional sections of the website, such as Health, Business
- Access for early supporters to be able to advertise individually in each community
Importantly, we also aim to periodically remove features and/or sections of the website which the general public deems obsolete. Less is more. We’ll do this periodically.
Plans for phase 3 – scheduled for late Q4
- Guest blog posting: For influencers based in Rockland County, NY
- Featured Supporter of RocklandNews, with more prominent placement
- Video and podcasting tools, sections
On the latter, we have not determined the scope, accessibility and nature of the video and podcast tools. It is important to note that RocklandNews will not aim toward sensationalism, hype or conjecture in its posts, pages, features or events. We will endeavor to provide the same upon deployment of the video and podcast sections.
If you have any other questions about our development roadmap, please contact us at (845) 877-7333 xt. 3.