Courtesy of WRCR.
A volunteer firefighter was sent to the hospital after an early-morning fire in Thiells yesterday. News 12 reports firefighters from several companies helped battle the blaze that started in a garage furnace at the home on Madison Avenue around 5:45 yesterday morning. The firefighter who signaled a mayday for a medical condition was removed quickly and taken to an area hospital for evaluation, he was reportedly conscious and alert. The fire reportedly does not appear to be suspicious and is under investigation.