RocklandNews.com 2023 Election Edition
About the candidate:
Objective: Continue to serve as Town Councilman in the Town of Stony Point.
Current Employment: Lieutenant, Rockland County Sheriff’s Office Corrections Division
- Councilman Town of Stony Point, 2020- Present
- Deputy Supervisor Town of Stony Point, 2021- Present
- Member of the Town of Stony Point Planning Board, 2016 – 2019
- Rockland County Sheriff’s Office – Corrections Division, New City, NY, 2003 – Present
- Lieutenant, February 2016 – Present
- Sergeant, May 2010 – February 2016
- Correction Officer, September 2003 – May 2010
Affiliations & Leadership:
- West Haverstraw Fire Department, 1993 – Present
- Positions held: President, Vice President, Lieutenant, Secretary and Training Officer
- Superior Officers Council (Rockland County Corrections Supervisors Union), 2010 – Present
- Positions held: President, Sergeants Negotiator, Lieutenant Representative
- Corrections Officers Benevolent Association, 2003 – 2010
- Positions held: Executive Board, Union Secretary
- Member of the Rockland County Correction Officers Sheriff’s Division Honor Guard, 2013 – Present
- Board of Directors North Rockland American Youth Football, 2020 – Present
- Positions held: Treasurer
- Board of Directors Stony Point Little League, 2018 – Present
- Positions held: Secretary
- Haverstraw Elks, 2004 – Present
- Sons of the American Legion Leo Laders Post 130, 2007 – Present
- Sons of the American Revolutions, 2014 – Present
- North Rockland Social Club, 2018- present
My wife and I are both lifelong North Rockland residents. We have been raising our family in Stony Point for the past 13 years. Stony Point continues to be an exceptional town to raise our children in. It is my priority to ensure Stony Point continues to thrive for many years to come. My focus is to maintain the safe “hometown” environment that the Stony Point residents hold dear, while improving the financial health of our community. It is critical that we continue to stabilize taxes and bring in new retables to safeguard the continued financial success of Stony Point.
I am currently an active volunteer within our community holding many positions that support the continued hometown culture of Stony Point. I’d like to continue my dedication to Stony Point by serving another term as Town Councilman. As Councilmen, I increased my involvement in community events, listened to our residents, and implemented strategies to achieve those needs. I will continue to make economic decisions that will benefit our residents and strengthen our community.
As Councilman I will continue to:
- Stand for all the residents of Stony Point by securing economic security while preserving our hometown culture.
- Work tirelessly to attract business that will reduce our property tax burden and protect our future.
- Work in partnership with all our elected Officials to provide the best service to all our residents.
- Protect our natural resources.