Wednesday, October 6, 2021: The Broadway Streetscape Project began on a pedestrian crosswalk and median island on North Broadway, between Fourth Avenue and Fifth Avenue. The purpose of the median island is to slow traffic and provide a safe pedestrian access across Broadway. Due to concerns of the Nyack Fire Department, we are currently working with the Engineers to scale back the island to better accommodate the Fire Department vehicles.
Monday, October 18, 2021: Sidewalk work will start at the corner of North Broadway and First Avenue, between First Avenue and High Avenue on the west side of the street only. Work will continue south on the west side of Broadway to Burd Street and then loop back east from Burd Street to First Ave. The contractor will work into the Fall as long as the weather allows. The project will resume in early Spring for any areas remaining on N. Broadway before moving to South Broadway between Cedar Hill Avenue and Depew Avenue.
Weekly project updates are posted to the village website. Please invite anyone who may not be on the mailing list to sign up here.
Here’s what to expect during sidewalk work:
- Contractor will work on one side of the street at a time
- Work will be limited to one block at a time
- Parking will be restricted only in the work zone
- Handicap spots will be relocated while work is underway
- Work is expected to last approximately one week per block
- Residents and businesses will be notified as the project moves closer to their location
- Building access will be maintained, however, when the concrete is poured there will be time where access is restricted
- Everyone will have advance notice of concrete pours that will affect access to their building
- In the business districts, we will attempt to pour when the stores are closed (Mondays, etc.) if possible
If you have a vault beneath your sidewalk, please be sure to inform the Village Administrator, Mr. James Slaughter at email@example.com or 845-358-3581. Any questions on the project can be directed to Mr. Slaughter.